Traditionally used for Women’s Health, Menstrual Pain and to Relieve Vaginal Discharge
Many painful symptoms that occur before and during menstruation are aggravated by poor pelvic circulation, poor nutrition and poor hormonal balance. Herbal medicine is especially helpful in improving female health to relive this pain, for heavy menstrual bleeding and stomach ache and for reducing white discharge. These herbs have also been found to be particularly rich in antioxidant free radical scavenging properties including; flavonoids, ellagic acid, anthocyanins, quercetin, polyphenols, curcuminoids etc.
Senduduk (Melastoma sp.) and Kacip Fatimah (Labisia sp.) are two of the most sought after female tonic herbs from the Southeast Asian rain forest. These are combined with the super functional food plants; Turmeric and Ginger for their antioxidant, tonic, pain relieving, liver detoxifying and antispasmodic effects.
Senduduk Plus is recommended to:
- Reduce menstrual pain and cramps
- Tighten and tone vagina
- Eliminate white discharge
- Enhance antioxidant cellular protection
- Reduce inflammation and support post workout recovery
Senduduk Plus Capsules is a combination of 4 standardized extracts:
- Senduduk (Melastoma malabathricum) Extract – Standardized for Ellagic acid and Anthocyanins – Tightening of tissue, antibacterial, wound healing, reduce white discharge, antioxidant, anti-cancer, relieves pain, anti-inflammatory, anti-diarrhea
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Extract – Standardized for Curcumin – Anticancer, Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, detoxifier, relieves pain, improves liver function
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Extract – Standardized for Gingerols – Relieves cramps, pain reliever, relieves nausea, improves pelvic circulation, antioxidant
- Kacip Fatimah (Labisia sp.) Extract – Hormonal balancer, tightening of tissue, improves energy, removes wind and indigestion
Recommended Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with meals.
Available in a 60 capsules bottle.
Approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Health MAL05092324TC
Additional Info – Scientific Study links on the ingredients:
Senduduk (Melastoma malabathricum)
Rainforest Herbs was the first in researching and developing Senduduk herb (Melastoma malabathricum) into a standardized extract and registered product with the Malaysian Ministry of Health in 1997. The following are some of the studies on this herb in recent years:
- Anti-ulcer activity of the aqueous extract of Melastoma malabathricum L. leaf in rats.
- Anti-Obesity Effects of Melastoma malabathricum var Alba Linn in Rats Fed with a High-Fat Diet.
- Cytotoxicity screening of Melastoma malabathricum extracts on human breast cancer cell lines in vitro.
- Antidiabetic and antihyperlipidaemic activity of ethanol extract of Melastoma malabathricum Linn. leaf in alloxan induced diabetic rats
- Melastoma malabathricum – Ethnomedicinal Uses, Chemical Constituents, and Pharmacological Properties: A Review
- Acute toxicity evaluation, antibacterial, antioxidant and immunomodulatory effects of Melastoma malabathricum.
- In vitro antiproliferative and antioxidant activities and total phenolic contents of the extracts of Melastoma malabathricum leaves.
- Antinociceptive, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties of Melastoma malabathricum leaves aqueous extract in experimental animals.
- Antidiarrhoeal Activity of Leaves of Melastoma malabathricum Linn.
- Bioactive constituents from the leaves of Melastoma malabathricum
- Ethno-medicinal uses and antimicrobial properties of Melastoma malabathricum
- Antibacterial and wound healing activities of Melastoma malabathricum
Kacip Fatimah (Labisia pumila)
- Labisia pumila has similar effects to estrogen on the reproductive hormones of ovariectomised rats.
- Labisia pumila protects the bone of estrogen-deficient rat model: A histomorphometric study.
- Review on Labisia pumila (Kacip Fatimah): Bioactive phytochemicals and skin collagen synthesis promoting herb.
- The effects of Labisia pumila var. alata on bone markers and bone calcium in a rat model of post-menopausal osteoporosis.
- Labisia pumila extract protects skin cells from photoaging caused by UVB irradiation.