Coconut Health Scientific Papers
Diet is the single most important factor under our control in health and the prevention of disease. In sharp contrast to only 10 years ago, health authorities today are recommending patients to replace their regular cooking oils with Virgin Coconut Oil to fight obesity, reduce the build-up of oxidized cholesterol in the arteries and to maintain immune health.
What has caused this complete 180° shift in attitudes to Virgin Coconut Oil? We are faced with a dietary crisis globally that has forced a full rethink on the outdated food pyramid model and recommendations of the past 40 years. Cutting-edge nutritional experts agree that modern diets contain far too much refined carbohydrates as well as an excess of Omega 6 cooking oils that rapidly oxidize upon heating and contribute to free radical damage and inflammation in our bodies. As a result of this change in dietary perceptions, there is an increased appreciation that coconut products are in fact functional foods that have multiple health benefits and can play a role in preventing much of the damage done from the incorrect dietary information of these past 40 years. This is most evident in those communities that consume more Coconut Oil and Coconut Milk having not only lower serum cholesterol but also lower obesity rates and lower coronary heart disease rates, in both prevalence and mortality.
Click the links below to access the full scientific studies on Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Coconut Health Study : Health benefits of coconut oil and other coconut products from the Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine
- Comparison of Antimicrobial Activity of Chlorhexidine, Coconut Oil, Probiotics, and Ketoconazole on Candida albicans Isolated in Children with Early Childhood Caries: An In Vitro Study
- In vitro evaluation of antifungal activity of monolaurin against Candida albicans biofilms
- A Coconut Extra Virgin Oil-rich diet increases HDL cholesterol and decreases waist circumference in Coronary Artery Disease Patients
- Effect of coconut oil in plaque related gingivitis
- A study on monitoring of frying performance and oxidative stability of virgin coconut oil (VCO) during continuous/prolonged deep fat frying process using chemical and FTIR spectroscopy.
- Antistress and antioxidant effects of virgin coconut oil in vivo
- The effects of virgin coconut oil (VCO) as supplementation on quality of life (QOL) among breast cancer patients
- Coconut oil supplementation and physical exercise improves baroreflex sensitivity and oxidative stress in hypertensive rats.
- Virgin Coconut Oil Prevents Blood Pressure Elevation and Improves Endothelial Functions in Rats Fed with Repeatedly Heated Palm Oil
Rainforest Herbs Organic Virgin Coconut Products
Available in 500ml unbreakable food-grade PET Bottle / Jar as well as Glass 125mls or 150ml spray bottles. As Virgin Coconut Oil will harden / solidify in temperatures below 24 degrees Celsius (75 degrees Fahrenheit) we recommend you order in Jar form for greater convenience in non-tropical climates.